Sunday, May 25, 2008

Catching Up

Sorry for the absence of new posts lately.  The last few weeks of school were really crazy and in my free time I was working on report cards and such.  Fortunately, I have turned in everything that I needed to turn in and am officially "checked out" for the school year.  I don't think that it has quite sunk in yet that it is actually over.  Maybe that's because I will still have to go in this upcoming week to plan for summer school and probably also to interview instructional assistants for next year.

It will be nice to have a few days off, however.  I hope to do some major cleaning and organizing at home and maybe even some sewing.  I might bake too if the weather stays cool.     


In other news, we have been invited to go on a missions trip to Fiji at the end of July.  Kirk will be teaching and playing music and I will probably be working with children.  What we are most excited about, however, is that we will both be helping build a water filter for the village.  They have had some outbreaks of typhoid and other diseases because they don't have clean drinking water, so we are going to try to remedy that.  We love going on trips when we can help meet people's physical needs as well as spiritual ones.  As I think about it, that is something important we have both learned from our parents, all of whom are examples of people who are great at helping others in very practical ways.

All this means that we have a lot of money to raise, so another thing I need to do next week is work on some creative ways to make some money for the trip.  Please pray for us as we prepare and be expecting more updates coming soon.

No comments: