Sorry it's been so long since I've posted a picture. We have had an interesting couple of weeks. Here are the highlights:
- Kirk got very sick with a large kidney stone that blocked his left kidney and caused a massive infection. After a trip to the ER, a night in the hospital, two surgeries, and lots of pain for over two weeks, he is slowly recovering. Fortunately I am not working, so I was able to drive him to appointments and be home to take care of him.
- I'm feeling well, but am experiencing some of the effects of late pregnancy. I haven't had too much swelling, but I have developed gestational carpal tunnel, especially in my right hand, which makes it uncomfortable to do certain things. My arms fall asleep during the night as well, causing me to toss and turn.
- Thanks to the help of a few friends, we're much closer to having a baby/guest room instead of an office/guest/sewing/storage room. On Saturday, three great guys helped Kirk clean out the garage, get rid of some junk, and move the very large desk out of the spare room. Then they were able to move the bed into the corner where the desk had been, making room for our crib and changing table (that can now be delivered). This is a huge relief to me since I now feel like things are much more ready for Baby Q's arrival.
- I've been doing lots of other sorting and organizing throughout the house. I figure this is a good opportunity to get rid of anything that we don't need or use since I'm sure we'll be collecting plenty of baby stuff in the months ahead.
- In my next post I'll show pictures of the sewing that I have been doing lately. I've gotten several projects finished, which has been fun.