Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Celebrating Life and Love

When I got in my Blogger account the other day, I saw that my next post (so this one) would be my 100th, so I've been thinking of what to post. Today has provided just the right thing.

First of all, today is my parents' 30th anniversary, which is a wonderful celebration. I am so thankful for them and the life and love that they have shared for so many years. Thank you Dad and Mom for the example you have set for us and many others. May you have many more years together!

Next, we're celebrating a new life as our nephew Cooper Dillon Hamilton was born today. Kirk's sister Tammi has been in the hospital and staying at a Ronald McDonald House on bed rest for the last several weeks after they discovered that she had very low amniotic fluid levels. The hope was to wait another week before they did the c-section, but after another ultrasound this morning, the doctors decided that today was the day. So, Cooper arrived this afternoon, five weeks early, but weighing in at 4 pounds 15 ounces, measuring 18 inches, and breathing on his own. It looks like he will have to be in the pediatric ICU for about two weeks so that he can be fed through a feeding tube while he learns how to eat. We are certainly thankful that he and Tammi are doing so well and that the prognosis is so good. We wish we could be there to meet him, but at least we have email for pictures!


Cooper's arrival definitely reminds us that our own baby will be here before we know it! A very exciting and somewhat terrifying thought considering everything that we still need to do to get ready. At least school is out now and I've been able to get some things done while I still have enough energy and stamina.

No comments: