A few months ago I got an amazing deal at the REI yard sale. I got a $200 North Face down coat for $12.93. It had some tears on the right shoulder, which I quickly sewed up to prevent any more down from escaping.
I have been meaning to make a patch to put over the ugly stitching, but just haven't gotten it done. I finally found some fabric that I liked a few weeks ago, so I washed it and ironed some interfacing to it. I then made what I thought would be a good patch, sort of like a long rectangle with rounded ends. Unfortunately, it ended up looking exactly like a feminine hygiene product! Not exactly what I want to be wearing on the shoulder of my coat.
So yesterday, I decided to do one more productive thing before I have to go back to work. I set out to make a nice patch for my coat. It took quite a bit of time since I hand stitched the whole thing, but I think it turned out quite cute. Definitely way better than the first one!