Saturday, August 23, 2008

The First Week


Well, the first week of school is over, which is always a bit of a relief.  It went pretty well.  For the most part, I think it will be a good year.  We have a few students who have been testing out their limits, but we'll get them in shape.  It's nice to have a student teacher.  This fall she will be with me two days a week, which is a great help.  We get along well and she's very motivated.  It's also a great opportunity for me to practice delegating and being okay with things not necessarily being done exactly how I would do them.

Next week brings Back to School Night when all the parents come to visit the classroom.  I have quite a bit of work to do in order to get ready for that and to help the new teachers I am mentoring to get prepared.  At least I still have one more day left of the weekend, so I don't have to worry about all that just yet.  I'm spending the weekend enjoying the last days of Olympic coverage and getting some things done around the house.  It's funny how quickly housework can pile up when you're working well over 40 hours a week.  I'm trying to do a little each day in order to avoid spending my whole weekend cleaning.  It will be be good to get back into a regular routine, although the lazy days of summer sure were nice.

No comments: