Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pears, Pears, and More Pears

We received a big box of pears two weeks ago. They were on their way out and needed to be used right away, so I got to peeling, coring, and cutting.



We decided that I should make pear butter. After consulting a new favorite web site (Food in Jars) for a recipe, I got the pears cooking.


As I was working, Trip was busy too. He discovered the papers that the pears had been wrapped in and thought they were a great toy.


The next day, we had jars and jars of pear butter.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! Pear butters sounds absolutely delicious! Hopefully next time I visit I'll get to sample a little ;)

Unknown said...

I'm checking out your website and I'm feeling a little inspired. Sure wish we had more agriculture here in SLC.

Tammi said...

That sounds WONDERFUL!!!
If you come home for Thanksgiving I'm requesting a jar pretty please!!