Friday, August 5, 2011

Splish Splash It's Trip's 2nd Birthday Bash

We had a little party last Saturday for Trip's birthday. Only a few of the families we invited were able to make it, but we had a great time nonetheless. I decided to do a water theme since the weather is finally warm and Trip loves to play in his kiddie pool. I kept it all pretty simple despite my ideas of going crazy.

One of the highlights was this watermelon shark. I saw a great tutorial for it here a while ago and knew I had to make one. It turned out great and was lots of fun for everyone.



We had fish/fishing cupcakes and candy rock cupcakes.


To finish it off, we had fishy Chex mix, veggies, crackers, spinach dip, and frozen berry kabobs.


I also made banana slush punch, which was a great refreshing treat.


Trip enjoyed the food, and especially liked the other kids sharing their snacks with him. With a face like that, who could resist?


The nice thing about an outdoor party is that the two-year-old cake mess was minimal.




Finger-lickin' good!


The girls continued to feed Trip and pour water on him and each other all afternoon. He soaked up all the attention! His only disappointment was when all the water balloons were gone. He loved popping them!


He had a great time when Connor pushed him around on this broken-down quad we have for parts.


He liked the magnetic fishing game I made and kept saying "I got it!" when he would catch one.


By the end of the party, he was soaked from head to toe, filthy, and had lost a sandal! All signs of a good time!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I LOVE the watermelon shark!! Looks like you did an amazing job putting together a great party! Love you all!