Thursday, April 10, 2008

Box Top Mania


Our school is once again having a contest to see which class can bring in the most "Box Tops for Education" coupons. This has sparked what I like to call "Box Tops mania," something that happens each year during the two week contest.
Students are looking for Box Tops on every box in the classroom. I had to laugh (to myself) when one student was looking for some on my boxes of flash cards. This morning, I had to go through all the Kleenex and Ziplock boxes in my classroom cabinets and cut off all the Box Tops.
Much to my students' chagrin, we did not win the pizza party, but at least we were able to help raise some money for our school. I had my planning time when the announcement was made over the intercom that the first grade had won. I'm pretty sure that the whole school could hear them scream in excitement. That was followed by several rounds of "One, two, three, eyes on me!" "One, two, eyes on you!" as the student teacher in first grade tried to get her students back under control. Then, with students walking down the hall to the bathrooms sharing their excitement with each other. "Did you hear that?!" "That's so awesome!"

4 comments:

Ms. Karlyn said...

I somehow stumbled across your blog,and I love it.
I have to ask you...do you really have 46 students in your classroom? Wow, if you do...YOU ROCK. I'm hoping you have help.
My kidlets are doing boxtops/labels next week.
Fun pictures.

Aimee said...

Thanks for the comment. I'm glad you enjoy the blog.
Yeah, I do really have 46 students, but rarely all in my classroom at once. I usually have 23 of them at a time, but I teach all 46 of them each day.

Tina said...

Maybe I should start saving them for you instead of sending them to Santiam! We could give your class a boost! Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Cool post you got here. It would be great to read something more concerning this matter. The only thing your blog misses is a photo of some jammer.