Friday, July 1, 2011

Play Dough!

We've had a couple of rainy days this week and Trip was having some grumpy days, so I decided I needed to try something new with him. I have been meaning to make some play dough and see what he thought of it, so Tuesday I finally went for it. I quickly made a batch and he was interested in figuring out what it was. Everyone happened to come home right as I was kneading it and cooling it down. Kelly and Erik both decided that they wanted to join Trip in playing with the blue dough.

Trip wasn't too sure what to do at first, but he quickly got the hang of it. After a few tastes of this new substance, he realized that it was much better to play with than to eat. (Sorry for the loud background- we were also re-watching the premiere of our brother-in-law Gary's hunting show on the Sportsman Channel!)



He liked using the tools I gave him to make marks in the dough.



He also liked watching Erik and Kelly make different shapes.



He was very excited when Erik made a ball and then cried when Erik smashed it! I think play dough will definitely bring more fun in the future. In case you're looking for a good recipe, I used one from here.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Playdough IS super fun! I remember when Mom used to make us playdough. Glad Trip is getting the same experience! Love you all!